First Application (FA) and Market Replication (MR) Projects
CEC stakeholders are invited to submit Technology Submittal Form that support the implementation of the FA and MR projects. All projects shall contribute to economic growth, and shall possess goals that are quantifiable in both business and development terms.
To help source, scale, and commercialize innovative environmental products, services or processes that are not yet fully marketed.
Minimum value: No value specified
Maximum value: No value specified
The level of project funding is dependent on the size of the project.
FA and MR projects support innovation and SMEs worldwide. The Call for Proposals will support projects connected with eco innovative products, services, production processes or business management methods which involve the prevention or reduction of environmental impacts or which contribute to the optimization of resource use.
CEC can support projects concerned with the first application or market replication of eco-innovative techniques, products, processes or practices which have already been demonstrated, but due to remaining risks, need incentives to penetrate the market.
The objectives of the FA and MR projects are:
- To promote new and integrated approaches to eco innovation in fields such as environmental management and the environmentally friendly design of products, process and services.
- To contribute to competitiveness and economic growth.
- To protect the environment.
- To remove barriers to the wider application of eco innovation.
- To create an enlarged market for eco innovative products and services.
- To increase innovation capacities of SMEs.
- To remove obstacles to improving the market penetration of new products and processes.
Support is provided to the following types of action:
- Cleaner production processes with preference for those sectors having an important environmental impact, such as construction, food and drink industry and waste recycling.
- Innovative environmentally friendly products and services, including innovative approaches to the eco-design of products or eco-labeling.
- Enterprises especially SMEs wishing to 'green' their business, products and management methods - especially innovative approaches to environmental management systems or increased eco efficiency.
- The implementation of new or integrated approaches to eco innovation, such as environmental management, and design of environmentally friendly products, processes and services.
Main priority areas for the Call for Proposals:
- Materials recycling
- Food and drink sector
- Greening business / smart purchasing
- Mobility/ Transportation
Call for Proposals
Title: Fist Application and Market Replication Projects
Applications are welcomed from companies that have developed an environmental product, service, management practice or process which has a proven track record, but is not yet fully marketed due to residual risks.
Applicants must be legal persons, whether private or public.
The following criteria will be taken into account when judging applications:
- Financial capacity of applicants.
- Professional skills and qualifications.
- The relevance of actions proposed in view of the objectives established in the Call: Innovation and Environment.
- Quality of the proposed actions.
- Impact on target audience, replication potential and impact on the market.
- Budget and cost-effectiveness, as well as competitiveness.
- Added value.
The maximum duration of the project must be 36 months.
Costs associated with eligible projects.
We seek to achieve:
- Better access to finance for SMEs.
- Support services for business and innovation delivered through a network of Global Sustainability Centers in key locations worldwide.
- The promotion of entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Support for policy-making that encourages entrepreneurship and eco innovation.
The wider use of Environmental technologies and innovations should:
- Help reduce CO2 emissions.
- Use water and raw materials more efficiently.
- Increase the quantity of recycled materials.
- Produce quality products with less impact on the environment.
- Implement more environmentally friendly production processes and services.
First Application and Market Replication Projects